Rainbow Windows

Moods that vary from "red-hot" to "cool violet" with some "mid-green" areas. That's me. Here's a glimpse.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Land of the Rising Sun

I'm here! I am now sitting in my hotel, feeling like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, clicking away on my laptop after going through all the things here in my room. I really feel like a child, going through everything. Trying out the bath tub as soon as I could :)

anyway, I arrived at 11:20 this morning (Japan time) after 3 hrs and 20 mins of "flying" with Northwest Airlines. Sa Nagoya airport ang baba ko. After that, took the train to Marriott hotel which, by the way, has its lobby on the 15th floor of the bldg. My room is in the 41st floor. floors 1-14 of the bldg is a shopping-addict's idea of heaven. Can't help but look at the shoes, and the bags, and the...kaso syempre, ang mahal!!!! Waaahhh!!! oh well, it's the experience that I really love. And their railway system...whoa, from MRT-like to subway to shinkansen (bullet train). It would take more than a minute to take it all in when you get to their stations. Ang daming pagpipilian, at ang daling maligaw! Waahhh wag naman sana.

The weather's great, 15C. Nice cool weather, perfect for a walk. Had lunch at Matsuzakaya, brown noodle soup, with 1 pc of tempura, and scrambled egg on top. Nice, loved it, pinagpawisan ako sa sarap (at init na rin syempre) hehehe.

Grabe, sobrang lalasapin ko ito...the best thing about it is that it's all expenses paid!!! Although syempre, there's a certain budget pero kahit na. The budget is enough to live and enjoy Japan. :)

Kahit kararating ko lang, I'm starting to see why Diane loves this place so much. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the countryside. By Wednesday I would be in Tsukuba, it's more "country" than Nagoya or Tokyo, for that matter. Looking forward to seeing and taking lots of pictures of cherry blossoms. Saw some while I was on the train, nice! Can't help but be amazed by the awesome creation of God.

Hmm..what else? Ay Diane, I don't have any idea on how to contact Xena :( Hay pano ko kaya mahahagilap ung babaeng un? :)

Guess I'll have to end here for now. Will have some more stories later...

2 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger BabyPink said...

naaaa! mami!!! karon pa gyud ko ka-read ug blogs! gikan kos amo-a unya wa'y time mu-check ba. wa pa man gud mi connectionsa balay oi.

i guess kahibaw na gyud ka nganong love gyud nako akong second home, 'no? i'm really happy that you liked it there. i hope you tried okonomiyaki (my all-time favorite food!).:) mas guapo gyud sa country side ug mas buotan mga tao sa?:)

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger cheryll said...

yep, yer right dianski!

nice jud ang place, and the people are so polite and kind. to think that Tokyo station is so MUCH MORE confusing than our MRT, but I wouldn't hesitate to ask people for directions there without fearing that they'd lead me to the wrong place. pero diri, shux, ask at your own risk!!!

don't know man unsa ang okonomiyaki. i might have tried it, i just didn't know what it was called.

kung andun lang si albert, could've stayed there forever hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home