My mood: relaxed, cheerful and having bright hopes
During the mass yesterday, the priest's homily was about "pondong pinoy". His message was about reaching out to your fellowmen or pakikiramay -- that we have lost the capability to reach out and share whatever we can. Something that a friend said a few months ago, came into mind. He said that a philosopher (sorry, I can't remember who) once said that the problem with our society today is that we lack caring. Oftentimes, we are blind or choose to be blind to the needs of the people around us. In case we see a stranger crying, we don't have it in us to stop and ask the person if he/she needs help. Why? Because some, if not most, would call it pakikialam rather than pakikiramay. Bakit ganun? Masyado na ba tayong naging detached? Wala lang, minsan siguro bigyan din natin ng panahon para pagmunihan.
---@@@---@@@---@@@---@@@---@@@---
A few entries ago, I was ssssoooo depressed about work. But I've come to realize that I'm taking everything too seriously. I'm spreading myself too thin and putting up ssssooo high expectations of myself. So, after some "thinking sessions", I've resolved to make the most of whatever comes my way. That way, I don't get depressed or disappointed with what I have. I'll try to see the good in things and so far, I've been happier. I feel lighter around work and I actually feel that I function better. By not thinking about things too much, I am able to think more. You get what I mean? I try not to worry too much about how to make things better, how to improve my every move. Instead, I focus on the thought that I can do things to the best of my ability and learn from whatever obstacles come my way.
---@@@---@@@---@@@---@@@---@@@---
Just had the shock of my life yesterday, OA ba? (By the way, I started this entry last Monday pa but actually finished and posted it just today) Anyway, I have to make a BIG decision at work by today. As in BIG siya. I am torn. Kasi just when I'm starting to enjoy and get the hang of things, I have to make this decision which is something na medyo lihis to what I have been doing so far. Yes, they'll give me training daw. Yes, it won't be abrupt. BUT...is that really true?!? On the other hand, it's a definite career move kasi. Mas structured at may direksyon kaso mejo high-pressure sya. Hay. BUT...what if I don't grab the opportunity and end up regretting it?! Hay decisions!!! Shux, what to do??? I'll keep you posted soon since I have to make the decision naman in just a few hours...YAIKS!!! Please do help me pray...

1 Comments:
i remember encountering a poem about our being so detached and "un-personal". nakalimot lang ko sa title ug poet. my bad!
good luck, mami!:)
Post a Comment
<< Home