Rainbow Windows

Moods that vary from "red-hot" to "cool violet" with some "mid-green" areas. That's me. Here's a glimpse.

Friday, June 10, 2005

UPDATE!

It's been a long long loooonngggg while...I have been in hibernate mode for the longest time. Just didn't have the time nor the energy to update. Wala rin kasi siguro akong makwentong bago.

I have been a lurker, choosing to read Diane's, Pie's and Noringai's blog rather than come up with my own new entries. I have most especially kept up with Pie's blog because I find myself getting caught up in the excitement of preparing for her wedding. Pie, kahit nagbabasa lang ako parang nakikita/nai-imagine ko ang mukha mo, kahit pagod-pagod alam kong me smile ka pa rin sa face mo at me twinkle pa rin ang mga mata mo :)

Just as I was getting bored with my work, an opportunity presented itself siguro about a month ago. A colleague from our laboratory in NIP contacted me, a company was looking for a liquid crystal resource person. Syempre I was quite excited about it since here was a chance for me to break routine and re-visit an old love, i.e., talking about LCs, sharing whatever knowledge my brain stored :)

AND about 2 weeks ago, I was finally able to do just that. Even though I was scrounging for time to prepare my materials - syempre makakapagtrabaho lang after my "day job", I was determined to make a good job of it. Though I had to start from scratch (requested my parents to send - from Davao - the hand-outs I compiled during masters studies) and work on it every chance I could, nothing can top the feeling of accomplishment that I had when I saw the complete presentation. And to add to that, when I gave the talk and I saw people from the audience nodding (not because they were sleeping but rather they understood what I was talking about), it's a different feeling. It's a bit hard to describe, you would have to feel it to understand. The last time I felt this (I mean with the same magnitude) was when I was teaching at NIP. It's a different high when you realize that :

1. Shucks, I know this stuff! As they say, you can gauge your knowledge and you can say you have a fair grasp of it when you are able to teach it.

2. These people came here to learn and I can see and feel that to some degree I was able to share what I have learned and made it possible for them to learn it as well.

3. This is my project, I worked hard on it and through my efforts something fruitful has come out of it.

And to top it all, I get paid to do it! Although that's a small percent of the great feeling I got(OKAY maybe about half? :P). Pero hindi nga, iba talaga. Ayun lang ang masasabi ko, IBA. It was nice to do that, looking forward to the next one... LOL...

---------

These past two weeks have been great weeks for me here at work. I really felt accomplished. Was able to do things properly, I feel that things have levelled off - I am more able to do what I need to do without feeling panicky everytime yung issue e nakakabit sa material na hawak ko :P

AND now...THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY...THANK GOD MORE BECAUSE MONDAY IS A HOLIDAY...

Okidoks, gotta go.. keep on smiling y'all :)

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger cheryll said...

Ei, Pie!

Thanks for dropping by. Syempre, I always check your blog - everyday in fact - for updates.

Cge, I'll surely contact you when my time comes...

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger BabyPink said...

mami! naka-update na gyud ka.:)

iba nga talaga ang "high" na nabibigay ng pagtuturo at ang kaalamang nakaka-share at nakaka-impart ka ng knowledge kahit konti. relte jud si roffa!:)

i miss you dearly. salamat sad sa pagbisita sa ako blog from time to time. mwah!:)

you take care.:)

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger cheryll said...

Thanks Roffing for dropping by...

Maybe next month i'll be able to update again. hay sus.

Miss you na pod! Maybe next weekend we might be able to drop by UP, so I'll just send you a msg. Unsa na gani imo new number? just send it to me by email...cherylllei@yahoo.com :)

take care pod...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home